Application has begun for the YALI RLC West Africa Application for Emerging Leaders Program 2020 – Cohort 17. With the deadline of the program being 26th April, interested parties are advised to apply on time.
About YALI RLC West Africa
The Emerging Leaders Program will teach young African leaders about modern leadership over a period of 17 weeks. The program will be broken down into four phases – a 5 week coursework phase delivered in-person or online and the remaining 12 weeks distributed equally among a mentorship program, internship or community service, and a report writing period.
Focusing on the 5 week coursework phase, it will entail three core courses (Leadership and Accountability, Ethics, and Contemporary issues affecting Africa) and one elective course selected from a sample of three courses covering three themes, namely Entrepreneurship, Public Policy and Management, and Civil Society Management.
At the end of the program, participants will be awarded a certificate and become a member of the YALI Alumni. Participants will be taking through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership roles in their various endeavors.
YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program Eligibility.
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is a merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, and Burkina Faso.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The management of the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra reserves the right to verify all of the information included in the application.
YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program Tracks.
- Business and Entrepreneurship: This track caters to the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who expect to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
- Civil Society Management: This track is oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations, or volunteerism.
- Public Policy and Management: This track is tailored to those who work or aspire to work in any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the West Africa Community, international organizations such as the United Nations, or other publicly minded organizations or think tanks
Start your journey to the best experiential leadership training for young Africans. The YALI RLC West Africa is looking for young men and women who are ready to embrace leadership and work hard to transform their countries. The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States government as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program Benefits.
- The program is fully funded to Accra, Ghana;
- At the end of the programs participants will be awarded with a certificate and become a member of the YALI Alumni;
- Participants will be taking through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership roles in their various endeavors.
YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program Selection Criteria.
Selection for participation in the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa will be conducted as a merit-based, open competition. All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semi-finalists will then be interviewed before a final selection is made and an invitation to join the program is issued.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- Demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
How to Apply for YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program.
Application for YALI RLC West Africa has been open. All qualified applicants will be admitted into the online training due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
YALI RLC West Africa Application Deadline: 26th April 2020.