We are aware at MYTOPSCHOOLS.COM that you have been searching for National Youth Service Corps NYSC Travel Safety Tips for Prospective Corps Members.
The Orientation Programme for the 2021 Batch ‘A’ Stream I Corps Members will commence on Wednesday, March 10, 2021, nationwide.
By implication, Prospective Corps Members (PCMs) shall be travelling across the length and breadth of the country to the various NYSC Camps for the exercise.
NYSC Travel Safety Tips for Prospective Corpers
Towards this end, it has become very imperative for the PCMs to note the following travel safety tips and adhere strictly to them:
1. Every successful journey starts with a travel plan. PCMs, are enjoined to make adequate travel preparation before setting out on the journey. Therefore, you must ensure and crosscheck that you’ve packed all the relevant documents that will be requested at the point of registration. This is to guard against the danger of being asked to go back home and fetch the forgotten documents. Doing so will overexpose you to our roads fraught with so many risks.
2. Kindly research your destinations thoroughly before leaving.
3, On no account, should you board a vehicle by the roadside because of the seemingly attractive cheap fare. It is the highway to calamity. So many have fallen preys to armed robbers, kidnappers and ritualists due to such indiscreet action. You should board vehicles only from recognised parks.
4. Please, be conscious of your travel time. Journeys must be arranged in such a way that you arrive at your destination at the latest 6 pm. Note that if it’s not possible to arrive at your destination at the aforesaid time, please, break the journey.
5. Avoid unnecessary argument/discussion bordering on politics and religion, among others. You may unwittingly cause offence. Keep your views to yourself.
6. Be courteous, but don’t trust people too quickly and don’t be loud while answering telephone calls, so as not to unknowingly divulge information that may place you in harm’s way.
7. Watch your drinking habit. Alcohol dulls your senses. Always be sober.
8. Take only what you need for the journey. Don’t overburden yourself with loads.
9. Dress normal. Don’t overdress. Conversely, don’t dress shabbily, since either way, you unduly stand out.
10. Please, keep a very close watch over your personal effects. It is advisable that you carry your vital documents (certificates, International passport etc) with you.
11. Don’t put valuables in your back pocket for that’s always the pickpocket’s first point of call. It’s safer to use your front pocket.
12. Keep your family and trusted friends updated on your itinerary.
We wish you travel mercies, as you proceed to your respective camps in obedience to the clarion call to serve the Nation for one calendar year.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “National Youth Service Corps NYSC Travel Safety Tips for Prospective Corps Members”.
Thanks for Reading
RELATED NYSC POSTS ON MYTOPSCHOOLS.COM