If you are a Direct Entry aspirant seeking admission into UNILAG, it is essential to note that the University of Lagos, UNILAG has set a Cut Off Mark which you have to meet in order to be considered for admission into the University.
The University of Lagos was established in 1962 and is one of the oldest universities in Nigeria today. For this reason, UNILAG has a very high standard it tries to maintain.
Each year, UNILAG admits about 10,000 Students which include UTME and Direct Entry Candidates.
UNILAG CUT OFF MARK FOR DIRECT ENTRY 2020
The official cut off mark for DE applicants into UNILAG is a DISTINCTION in your pre-degree with over 3.5 – 4.0 Credits.
How to Gain Admission with Direct Entry
In general, candidates who gain admission into the university through direct entry begin from 200level except for a few departments/courses in some institutions that insist that direct entry students must start from year one. Candidates who have any of the above requirements and wish to gain admission into a university degree programme through direct entry mode are to wait unwearyingly for the commencement of sale of forms by JAMB. In synopsis, to gain admission through the direct entry mode:
1. You must be eligible to apply.
2. You must be informed and updated to know the exact date that the registration will begin.
3. Decide on the best institution to choose based on their requirements.
4. Apply through JAMB first.
5. While registering, select your choice school, department and faculty correctly.
6. Wait for your choice institution post direct entry screening.
7. Pass the screening and wait for the direct entry admission list.
8. Matriculate with 100level students.
9. Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on a general test “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by A.H. Mohammed for direct entry candidates.
UNILAG DIRECT ENTRY REGISTRATION PROCEDURE:
- Click on Admission
- Click on DIRECT ENTRY Application
- Login with JAMB registration number and surname in lowercase as password
- Generate payment advice
- Proceed to any commercial bank to make payment or pay online
- Return to the Unilag portal to complete the screening form
- Print DIRECT ENTRY e-registration slip
Further clarification may be obtained via e-mail: [email protected] and the following phone numbers: 08182716045, 07043359831, 07026079596 and 09058702877.
- UNILAG Cut Off Mark for Medicine and Surgery 2020
- UNILAG Cut Off Mark For All Courses
- Full List of Courses Offered in UNILAG and Admission Requirements
- JAMB and Post UTME Cut-Off Marks for All Schools
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHAT IS DIRECT ENTRY?
Direct entry is a style of entry into any Nigerian university straight to 200/300level.
Typically, when you obtain the unified tertiary matriculation examination form and sit for the examination, you can only gain admission into 100level in any Nigerian university, but if you decide to get the direct entry form and you eventually meet the basic admission requirement, you will gain admission into that university of your choice and you will begin from 200/300level. This strictly depends on the entry credentials you used to gain admission
Which universities accept Direct Entry application?
All universities in Nigeria are logically destined to accept direct entry application from Nigerian students and offer them admission into year 2 or 3. Nevertheless, it is possible that some universities might no longer be interested in accepting direct entry students. For now, about 98% of all Nigerian Federal, State and Private Universities still accept direct entry students.
What are the courses offered in Direct Entry admission mode?
All the courses offered in UTME are also obtainable in direct entry. You can apply for any of the courses in any department/faculty of your choice.
Who can apply for Direct Entry?
Not all and sundry can apply for direct entry admission into university. Applying for direct entry is based on your choice of entry into that dream university of yours. Furthermore, direct entry admission into any Nigerian institution of higher education is for applicants who already had a supplementary certificate in combination to their secondary school O’Level. The proposition of this is that, if you are an O’Level holder devoid of any extra certificate, direct entry is not for you.
Do I need to go to my university of choice to obtain the Direct Entry form?
You do not need to bother yourself by going to any university before you obtain their direct entry form. Just get it from JAMB office or any of the selected banks that sells it, and then fill it online. Afterward, submit your certificate to Jamb office. Without submitting your direct entry form, Jamb will surely not work on your admission.
What is the fundamental admission requirement for Direct Entry applicants in Nigerian Institutions?
It is a well known fact that the difference between the Nigerian unified tertiary matriculation examination admission mode and the direct entry mode is that the direct entry mode gives you automatic admission to 200/300level of your respective degree programme. The following basic qualifications are needed for any direct entry aspirant:
-Ordinary National Diploma Certificate (OND)
-Higher National Diploma Certificate (HND)
-GCE A Level, HSC, DALF Certificate
-An acceptable Baccalaureate Certificate
-Institute of chartered accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or equivalents of these from accredited Polytechnics and colleges of education.
NB: Only students whose cumulative grade point average (CGPA) meets the qualification for the proposed course of learning will be considered for the direct entry admission.