If you are thinking of studying Pharmacy in the University of Ilorin, UNILORIN, you need to meet up with the approved Cut Off Mark for the course this year.
As you know by now, Pharmacy is one of the most competitive courses in UNILORIN. For this reason, only the best performing students in JAMB and Post UTME will be accepted into the institution to study pharmacy.
Pharmacy is a 5 year course with 1year internship and 1year NYSC. Any student who wishes to study pharmacy must first of all love chemistry! You must also be good with Biology, Maths and Physics.
Pharmacy is a course that has a whole faculty dedicated to it and comprises of five branches and one unit;
- Clinical pharmacy and pharmacy administration
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Drug research and production unit
To be a pharmacist, you must be able to willing to read and work hard. People often said that if you can study pharmacy, then you can study medicine conveniently.
The sole work of a pharmacist is to ensure proper dispensation and usage of drugs. Remember, only pharmacists are licensed to import, dispense and sell drugs.
UNILORIN Cut Off Mark for Pharmacy
The Official Cut Off Mark for Pharmacy this year is set at 250 in your JAMB. You have to score at least 250 to be considered for the POST UTME Examination. But I advise you to aim higher than 250 to be on the safer side.
FOR POST UTME
The Cut Off Mark for Pharmacy at Post UTME Level is 70. Only those who score 70 and above will be considered for admission into the University of Ilorin. But I advise you to aim higher than 70 to be on the safer side.
Career Paths for a Pharmacist
As a pharmacist, u have career options in
(A). Community pharmacy
(B). Industrial pharmacists
- Pharmacists work as Medical Sales Representatives in National and multinational pharmaceutical industries/ companies, where you are given a car, laptop (in some) with pay above 100K.
The likes of Neimeth, Roche, Sandoz Norvatis, Emzor, Reckitt Benckiser, Gsk and so on are top companies that employ mainly Pharmacists.
- Some work as research pharmacists, who are the brains behind the ingredients, testing and correct mixing of the drugs.
- NAFDAC is majorly for pharmacists, wit some other health workers too, tho