For all applicants for admission into the Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda here is a full list of the MUST Cut Off Points for all Certificate Courses like Medicine and Surgery, Law, Engineering, e.t.c. This also contains the Cut Off points for the Screening.
The Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) through the Public Universities Joint Admissions Board (PUJAB), management of Mbarara University of Science and Technology in conjunction with the office of the Registrar has released the 2023/2024 Cut Off Points and admission requirements to pick up the application form and study at the Mbarara University.
A Cut Off Point is a benchmark in which a student must meet in his/her PUJAB Examination so as to be considered for direct admission by the management of the institution he/she wishes to attend.
The Mbarara University of Science and Technology Cut Off Point and Admission Requirements for All Courses 2023/2024
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Hold the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE)/O’ Level or its equivalent with a minimum of a pass in at least 5 subjects obtained at the same sitting.
- Hold the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)/A’ Level with at least 2 principal passes or its equivalent obtained at the same sitting for applicants to a degree programme.
- Diploma holders should have at least a credit from an accredited institution.
- Degree holders should have an honours degree from an accredited degree-awarding institution.
- For applicants to Diploma programmes, hold the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)/A’ Level with at least 1 principal pass and two subsidiary passes or it’s equivalent obtained at the same sitting.
Applicants should note that;
- All academic documents presented must be from an accredited institution
- CASES OF IMPERSONATION, FALSIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS OR GIVING FALSE/ INCOMPLETE INFORMATION WHENEVER DISCOVERED WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC CANCELLATION OF ADMISSION.
- Completed applications must be accompanied with certified copies of academic documents
- Applicants whose first language is not English or did not go through an education system with English as a medium of instruction will be required to provide evidence from a recognized English language training institution that they have sufficient command of English language to cope with the programmes.
MBARARA UNIVERSITY APPLICATION FEES (NON-REFUNDABLE)
|Ugandans & EAC Applicants||International Applicants|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||Shs. 50,000=||Shs. 100,000=|
|Postgraduate Application Fees||Shs. 50,000=||Shs. 100,000=|
|PhD Application Fees||Shs. 100,000=||Shs. 200,000=|
PAYMENT FOR APPLICATIONS
|Bank||Barclays Bank of Uganda Ltd||Ecobank|
|Account name:||Mbarara University /Academic Registrar||Mbarara University Fees Collection|
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applications MUST be submitted online through https://applications.must.ac.ug
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Go to https://applications.must.ac.ug
- If you don’t have an Access Code, click “Click here to get an Access Code”, fill in the form and submit. An Access Code will then be sent to your email and phone number. If you already have an Access Code, proceed to step 3.
- Enter you email address and Access Code that has been sent to your phone number to login
- Select the application category i.e. Direct Entry and click “Apply Now”
- Fill in the application form and submit
- Click “Pay for Form” to generate a payment reference number to be used for paying application fees in the bank
- If you’re a degree or diploma holder, Click “Print Form” and attach the printed form to the hard copies of certified academic and other the supporting documents and mail the hard copies to the University or submit it to any of the liaison offices
- Go to the bank and pay the application fees using the payment reference number generated in “Step 6”
Applications can be submitted to:
Mbarara University of
Science and Technology
P. O. Box 1410,
Tel. +256-414 668971
Uganda Institute of Allied
Health and Management
Head, School of Med Lab
Jinja School of
For further details, send an email to [email protected] or call +256-414-668971
Certificate Courses offered at Mbarara University of Science and Technology
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technology
- Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering (Duration 4 years)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Duration 4 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (Duration 4 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering and Environmental Management (Duration 4 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering(Duration 4 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (Duration 4 years)
Faculty of Business and Management Sciences
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Duration 3 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance (Duration 3 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Economics (Duration 3 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Procurement and Supply Chain Management (Duration 3 years)
Faculty of Computing and Informatics
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Duration 3 years)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Duration 3 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering (Duration 4 years)
Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Livelihoods and Farm Production (Duration 4 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Gender and Applied Women Health (Duration 3 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Planning and Community Development (Duration 3 years)
Faculty of Science
- Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology (Duration 2 years)
- Higher Education Access Certificate ( Duration 1 Year)
- Bachelor of Science with Education (Physical) (Duration 3 years)
- Bachelor of Science with Education (Biological) (Duration 3 years)
- Bachelor of Science with Education (Chem/Math) (Duration 3 years)
Faculty of Medicine
- Advanced Diploma in Child and Adolescent Mental Health (Duration 2 years)
- Diploma in Emergency Medicine (Duration 2 years)
- Diploma in Community HIV/AIDS Care and Management (Duration 2 years)
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Duration 4 years)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Duration 5 years)
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (Duration 4 years)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Duration 4 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Duration 3 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy (Duration 4 years)
Get more information on Uganda Universities, their Cut Off Points, Admission Requirements and Application Forms.