JAMB Subject Combination for Human Biology
We are aware at aidstotrade.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Human Biology then you are not alone.
Human biology is an interdisciplinary area of academic study that examines humans through the influences and interplay of many diverse fields such as genetics, evolution, physiology, anatomy, epidemiology, anthropology, ecology, nutrition, population genetics, and sociocultural influences. It is closely related to the biomedical sciences, biological anthropology and other biological fields tying in various aspects of human functionality. It wasn’t until the 20th century when biogerontologist, Raymond Pearl, founder of the journal Human Biology, phrased the term “human biology” in a way to describe a separate subsection apart from biology.
It is also a portmanteau term that describes all biological aspects of the human body, typically using the human body as a type organism for Mammalia, and in that context it is the basis for many undergraduate University degrees and modules.
Most aspects of human biology are identical or very similar to general mammalian biology. In particular, and as examples, humans :
- maintain their body temperature
- have an internal skeleton
- have a circulatory system
- have a nervous system to provide sensory information and operate and coordinate muscular activity.
- have a reproductive system in which they bear live young and produce milk.
- have an endocrine system and produce and eliminate hormones and other bio-chemical signalling agents
- have a respiratory system where air is inhaled into lungs and oxygen is used to produce energy.
- have an immune system to protect against disease
- Excrete waste as urine and faeces.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Human Biology is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Human Biology O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Human Biology Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Human Biology UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Human Biology.
Please read the Human Biology programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure
List of Universities Offering Human Biology
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Human Biology
Direct Entry Requirement for Human Biology:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes from Chemistry, Biology, Botany/Zoology.
- (ii) NCE merit accepted.
UTME Requirement for Human Biology:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.
UTME Subject combination for Human Biology:
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Human Biology. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Human Biology”.
Thanks For Visiting
READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB