Public administration is the implementation of government policy and also an academic discipline that studies this implementation and prepares civil employees for working in the public service. As a “field of inquiry with a diverse scope” whose fundamental goal is to “advance management and policies so that government can function.” Some of the various definitions which have been offered for the term are: “the management of public programs”;
the “translation of politics into the reality that citizens see every day”; and “the study of government decision making, the analysis of the policies themselves, the various inputs that have produced them, and the inputs necessary to produce alternative policies.” The word public administration is the combination of two words—public and administration. In every sphere of social, economic and political life there is administration which means that for the proper functioning of the organisation or institution it must be properly ruled or managed and from this concept emerges the idea of administration.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Government And Public Administration is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Government And Public Administration O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Government And Public Administration Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Government And Public Administration UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Government And Public Administration.
Please read the Government And Public Administration programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Government And Public Administration
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Government And Public Administration
Direct Entry Requirement for Government And Public Administration:
- Two (2) A Level passes in Government and one other Social Science subject
UTME Requirement for Government And Public Administration:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language Government or History and at least a pass in Mathematics
UTME Subject combination for Government And Public Administration:
- Three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Government And Public Administration. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Government And Public Administration”.
Thanks For Visiting
READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB