JAMB Subject Combination for Geology
We are aware at aidstotrade.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Geology then you are not alone.
Geology (from the Ancient Greek γῆ, gē (“earth”) and -λoγία, -logia, (“study of”, “discourse”))is a branch of Earth science concerned with the solid Earth, the rocks of which it is composed, and the processes by which they change over time. Geology can also include the study of the solid features of any terrestrial planet or natural satellite such as Mars or the Moon. Modern geology significantly overlaps all other Earth sciences, including hydrology and the atmospheric sciences, and so is treated as one major aspect of integrated Earth system science and planetary science.
Geology describes the structure of the Earth on and beneath its surface, and the processes that have shaped that structure. It also provides tools to determine the relative and absolute ages of rocks found in a given location, and also to describe the histories of those rocks. By combining these tools, geologists are able to chronicle the geological history of the Earth as a whole, and also to demonstrate the age of the Earth. Geology provides the primary evidence for plate tectonics, the evolutionary history of life, and the Earth’s past climates.
Geologists use a wide variety of methods to understand the Earth’s structure and evolution, including field work, rock description, geophysical techniques, chemical analysis, physical experiments, and numerical modelling. In practical terms, geology is important for mineral and hydrocarbon exploration and exploitation, evaluating water resources, understanding of natural hazards, the remediation of environmental problems, and providing insights into past climate change. Geology is a major academic discipline, and it plays an important role in geotechnical engineering.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Geology is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Geology O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Geology Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Geology UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Geology.
Please read the Geology programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Geology
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – AJAYI
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- ANCHOR UNIVERSITY, AYOBO, LAGOS STATE – ANCHOR-UNI
- ARTHUR JARVIS UNIVERSITY, AKPABUYO, CROSS RIVER STATE – ARTHUR-JARVIS
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE – FED-GUSAU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, BIRNIN-KEBBI, KEBBI STATE – FED-KEBBI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – FED-LOKOJA
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE – FUPRE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – SALEM
- SKYLINE UNIVERSITY NIGERIA, KANO, KANO STATE – SKYLINE
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE – WESLEYUNI
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Geology
Direct Entry Requirement for Geology:
- (i) Two (2) A Level passes from Geology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Geography.
UTME Requirement for Geology:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and any other subject.
UTME Subject combination for Geology:
- Any three (3) of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology and Geography
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Geology. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Geology”.
Thanks For Visiting
READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB