French (français [fʁɑ̃sɛ] or langue française [lɑ̃ɡ fʁɑ̃sɛːz]) is a Romance language of the Indo-European family. It descended from the Vulgar Latin of the Roman Empire, as did all Romance languages. French evolved from Gallo-Romance, the Latin spoken in Gaul, and more specifically in Northern Gaul. Its closest relatives are the other langues d’oïl—languages historically spoken in northern France and in southern Belgium, which French (Francien) largely supplanted. French was also influenced by native Celtic languages of Northern Roman Gaul like Gallia Belgica and by the (Germanic) Frankish language of the post-Roman Frankish invaders. Today, owing to France’s past overseas expansion, there are numerous French-based creole languages, most notably Haitian Creole. A French-speaking person or nation may be referred to as Francophone in both English and French.
The Bachelor’s Degree in French is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- French O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- French Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- French UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study French.
Please read the French programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering French
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE – COVENANT
- CROWN HILL UNIVERSITY, EIYENKORIN, KWARA STATE – CROWN-HILL
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE – FED-LOKOJA
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
- NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – NDA
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – POL-ACAD
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE – REDEEMERS
- SAMUEL ADEGBOYEGA UNIVERSITY, OGWA, EDO STATE – SAU
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE – TSUJ
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – UMYUK
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study French
Direct Entry Requirement for French:
- Two (2) A Level passes including French and one other Arts subject.
UTME Requirement for French:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes including French and English Language plus one other Arts subject.
UTME Subject combination for French:
- French and any other two (2) subjects from Arts and Social Sciences.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for French. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for French”.
Thanks For Visiting
READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB