Wildlife traditionally refers to undomesticated animal species, but has come to include all organisms that grow or live wild in an area without being introduced by humans. Wildlife can be found in all ecosystems. Deserts, forests, rainforests, plains, grasslands, and other areas, including the most developed urban areas, all have distinct forms of wildlife. While the term in popular culture usually refers to animals that are untouched by human factors, most scientists agree that much wildlife is affected by human activities.
Humans have historically tended to separate civilization from wildlife in a number of ways, including the legal, social, and moral senses. Some animals, however, have adapted to suburban environments. This includes such animals as domesticated cats, dogs, mice, and rats. Some religions declare certain animals to be sacred, and in modern times, concern for the natural environment has provoked activists to protest against the exploitation of wildlife for human benefit or entertainment.
Global wildlife populations have decreased by 68% since 1970 as a result of human activity, particularly overconsumption, population growth and intensive farming, according to a 2020 World Wildlife Fund‘s Living Planet Report and the Zoological Society of London‘s Living Planet Index measure, which is further evidence that humans have unleashed a sixth mass extinction event. According to CITES, it has been estimated that annually the international wildlife trade amounts to billions of dollars and it affects hundreds of millions of animal and plant specimen
The Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries.
Please read the Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries
Direct Entry Requirement for Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries:
- i. Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science.
- ii. Accepts Forestry Assistant Certificate from IITA, Ibadan or any other recognised Institution.
UTME Requirement for Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and one of Geography, Physics and Economics.
UTME Subject combination for Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries:
- Chemistry, Biology/ Agricultural Science plus Mathematics or Physics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Forestry Wildlife And Fisheries”.
Thanks For Visiting
READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB