JAMB Subject Combination for Food Technology
We are aware at aidstotrade.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Food Technology then you are not alone.
Food technology is a branch of food science that deals with the production, preservation, quality control and research and development of the food products.
Early scientific research into food technology concentrated on food preservation. Nicolas Appert’s development in 1810 of the canning process was a decisive event. The process wasn’t called canning then and Appert did not really know the principle on which his process worked, but canning has had a major impact on food preservation techniques.
Louis Pasteur‘s research on the spoilage of wine and his description of how to avoid spoilage in 1864 was an early attempt to apply scientific knowledge to food handling. Besides research into wine spoilage, Pasteur researched the production of alcohol, vinegar, wines and beer, and the souring of milk. He developed pasteurization—the process of heating milk and milk products to destroy food spoilage and disease-producing organisms. In his research into food technology, Pasteur became the pioneer into bacteriology and of modern preventive medicine.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Food Technology O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Food Technology Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Food Technology UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Food Technology.
Please read the Food Technology programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Food Technology
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Food Technology
Direct Entry Requirement for Food Technology:
- (i) A Level passes in two (2) of Physics Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- (ii) ND/HND upper credit in relevant programmes.
UTME Requirement for Food Technology:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language and any other Science subject.
UTME Subject combination for Food Technology:
- Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics or Biology.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Food Technology. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Food Technology”.
Thanks For Visiting
READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB