JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Islamic Studies
We are aware at aidstotrade.com that you are searching for JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Islamic Studies then you are not alone.
Islamic studies refers to the academic study of Islam.
Islamic studies generally refers to an academic multidisciplinary “studies” program—similar to other such programs (environmental studies, Middle East studies, race studies, urban studies, etc.)—where scholars from diverse disciplines (history, culture, literature, art) participate and exchange ideas pertaining to the particular field of study.
Such academic programs often include the historical study of Islam: Islamic civilization, Islamic history and historiography, Islamic law, Islamic theology and Islamic philosophy. Specialists in the discipline apply methods adapted from several ancillary fields, ranging from Biblical studies and classical philology to modern history, legal history and sociology.
Scholars in the field of Islamic studies are often referred to as “Islamicists” and the discipline traditionally made up the bulk of what used to be called Oriental studies. In fact, some of the more traditional Western universities still confer degrees in Arabic and Islamic studies under the primary title of “Oriental studies”. This is the case, for example, at the University of Oxford, where Classical Arabic and Islamic studies have been taught since as early as the 16th century, originally as a sub-division of Divinity. This latter context gave early academic Islamic studies its Biblical studies character and was also a consequence of the fact that throughout early-Modern Western Europe the discipline was developed by churchmen whose primary aim had actually been to refute the tenets of Islam.
A recent HEFCE report emphasises the increasing, strategic importance for Western governments since 9/11 of Islamic studies in higher education and also provides an international overview of the state of the field
The Bachelor’s Degree in Education And Islamic Studies is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Education And Islamic Studies O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Education And Islamic Studies Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Education And Islamic Studies UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Education And Islamic Studies.
Please read the Education And Islamic Studies programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Education And Islamic Studies
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- AL-QALAM UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – AL-QALAM
- ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OTTO-IJANIKIN, LAGOS (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV) – AOCOE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AKWANGA (AFFL TO AHMADU BELLO UNIV, ZARIA) – CE-AKWANGA
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AZARE (AFFLIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE) – COEA
- ISA KAITA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, DUTSINMA, KATSINA STATE (AFFL ABU ZARIA) – COED-DEG
- EMMANUEL ALAYANDE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OYO. (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV) – EACOE-DEG
- JIGAWA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, GUMEL (AFFILIATED TO BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO) – EDGUMEL
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KANO (AFFL TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA) – EDKAN
- SAADATU RIMI COLLEGE OF EDU, KUMBOTSO, KANO STATE (AFFL TO BAYERO UNIV, KANO) – EDKANO
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE (AFFL TO UNIV OF UNIMAID) – EDYOLA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – EDZAR
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ABEOKUTA (AFFILIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN) – FC-ABEOKUTA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KATSINA (AFFL TO BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO STATE) – FC-KATSINA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KONTAGORA, NIGER STATE (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – FC-KONTAGORA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OKENE (AFFILIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN) – FCOKENEDEG
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE – FED-GUSAU
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, GIDAN-WAYA, KADUNA STATE (AFFLIATTED TO ABU) – GIDANWAYA-DEG
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILA-ORANGUN (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNI, ADO EKITI) – ILA-ORANGUN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- KASHIM IBRAHIM COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, MAIDUGURI , BORNO STATE.(AFFL TO UNIMAID) – KICOE-DEG
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – KWCOE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- YUSUF MAITAMA SULE UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – MAITAMA
- MICHAEL OTEDOLA COL OF PRIMARY EDUC. EPE, LAGOS (AFFL TO UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN) – MOCPEN
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NIGER STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, MINNA (AFFL TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA) – NSCOE
- OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILESA, OSUN STATE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN) – OSCOE
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUC. (SPECIAL), OYO, OYO STATE. – OYOSPECIAL
- SHEHU SHAGARI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, SOKOTO (AFFL TO UDU, SOKOTO) – SHAGARI-2
- TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN, OGUN STATE – TASUED
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE – TSUJ
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – UMYUK
- UMAR SULEIMAN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, GASHUA(AFFL TO UNIMAID, MAIDUGURI) – USCOE
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Education And Islamic Studies
Direct Entry Requirement for Education And Islamic Studies:
- (i) NCE merit in Islamic Studies and Education.
- (ii) A Level passes in Arabic/ Islamic Studies and any other relevant subject.
UTME Requirement for Education And Islamic Studies:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language, Islamic Studies and three (3) other relevant subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Education And Islamic Studies:
- Islamic Studies/Arabic and two (2) other Social Science or Arts subjects.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Education And Islamic Studies. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Islamic Studies”.
Thanks For Visiting
READ THIS RELATED JAMB POSTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JAMB